Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Easy Baby Quilts, for the twins

A big congratulations to our friends who have just had their 2nd and 3rd children - twins. I made these easy quilts for little Hamish and William and can't wait to hand them over. They were so easy - one piece of cotton fabric (I choose Amy Butler) backed with bamboo/cotton fleece. I just sewed them together in a square, leaving an opening for turning, turned and ironed and top sewed around the entire edge closing the gap, then sewed a rectangle in the middle to keep the two layers together.


A test run in my little Sophie's cot!



Cute hey! I am thinking of buying a roll of this bamboo fleece for my store http://www.modernretrotextiles.com.au/ , although it is expensive: it would sell for $44 per metre (100% bamboo) or $33 per metre (50% bamboo / 50% cotton) all 114cm wide - let me know if you would be interested in it. I'm just finishing off some handmade fabric cards with vintage children's pictures - will post soon!

No comments: